Thursday, May 26, 2011

Just to make sure


Defined by what I don’t
more than by what I do.


I am, or we are, right and everyone else is wrong,

and they’re gonna know it.

I speak up and stand up for what I believe.

Who cares who’s listening.

Who cares if someone’s feelings get hurt.

Somebody has to tell the truth.

I like what you say, but as for those other guys,

they’re just plain wrong, and I don’t mind telling you.

Yeah, you can be my friend, but watch out!

You’re under my gun the same as those other fellows.

If you don’t think like I do, you’ll hear from me.

Though as a Christian man I can’t say this out loud,
‘It’s my way or the highway.’

But God approves, because I’m rightly dividing His word.

If you know what’s good for you, stick with me.

Let’s live by what we do,
not by what we don’t,
just to make sure.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment